WELCOME to the website of the Charlevoix County Democratic Party. We’re here to help you stay informed, take action, contribute, participate in the political process, and make your voice heard.
Join One Of Our Working Groups
Ok – we all know that this last election was bitterly disappointing. But, we have a few things to be proud of here in Charlevoix County. First of all, when comparing 2014 results to 2010 results there was improvement in the democratic vote in Charlevoix County. In almost every race, the Republican vote went down while our vote went up! We are making progress. Secondly, we had an amazing group of volunteers. We actually had more volunteers in 2014 than in 2012 – a presidential year. And because of that, we knocked on more doors, made more phone calls and covered more shifts in the office than ever before. We are growing as a party. So, let’s keep it going. We need to continue building a strong foundation for our Charlevoix County Democratic Party (CCDP). Here are some ways you can get involved.
We need people to join our four standing committees:
1. The Membership Committee – working to grow and sustain our party membership.
2. The Political Organizing Committee – focusing recruiting local candidates to run in 2016.
3. The Fundraising Committee – critical to our ability to function in 2016.
4. The Youth Outreach Committee – finding way to get young people involved in the political process.
Thanks and let me know where you can contribute, Kris Busk, Chair Charlevoix County Dems 231.675.8752
You Asked: Donating by Check
Pressing the Donate Now button takes you to Act Blue, where you can donate safely by credit or debit card. Want to use a check instead? Click the green Donate/Join tab above to find out how.
All politics are local. You’ve heard it before, but it has never been more true. Local gerrymandering and extreme politics in primaries have produced the unthinkable — state and national elections that don’t represent the wishes of the majority. Stay involved between presidential elections — you CAN make a difference. And have fun at the same time.
Call or email and we’ll get back to you. Or Click Here to let us know how you would like to help.
Lon Johnson, MDP Chair, to visit with local Dems
The Charlevoix County and Emmet County Democratic Parties will hold a joint meeting on Wednesday May 20 at 6:00 p.m in the Community Room of the Charlevoix Library. The special guest will be Lon Johnson, MDP Chair.
There will be a meet and greet opportunity from 6:00-6:30. At 6:30 Lon will share with us his perspective on the 2014 election and what we need to do to be successful in 2016. After his brief talk there will be time for questions, comments, and ideas from the audience.
Join us for what promises to be an interesting and informative evening.
Light refreshments will be served.
Please RSVP by May 15th by
calling 231-753-8411 or
Stay in Touch:
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter & receive email event notices — Click HERE or on the SUBSCRIBE button above.
- Like us on Facebook to join the community of Charlevoix Dems and our lively discussions.
- Click on the Calendar tab above to see our printable, downloadable, interactive calendar of meetings and events.